Advocate of the Year Awards
NSBA is seeking nominations for the Lewis A. Shattuck Small Business Advocate of the Year Award which recognizes small-business owners who go above and beyond in advocating for the small-business community.
Four finalists and the overall winner will be honored at NSBA’s upcoming Washington Presentation on March 18 in Washington, D.C. Nominations are due February 8, 2013.
Qualifications and Criteria:
- A demonstrated commitment to small-business advocacy above and beyond policies that specifically impact their own business or industry;
- A proven history of volunteer efforts to advance and improve the overall small-business community;
- Success in advocating for pro-small business policies; and
- Success and growth as a small-business owner
Click Here to Download the Nomination Packet.
- 2011 – Grafton H. “Cap” Willey, IV, Managing director at CBIZ Tofias in Providence, R.I., a full service accounting, auditing, tax and consulting firm with over 40 years of experience.
- 2010 – Michael Mitternight, president and owner of Factory Service Agency, Inc., a commercial air conditioning service and construction company in New Orleans.
- 2009 – Thomas C. Pitrone, CFP and head of The Integrity Group in Willoughby, Ohio, a 25-year strong firm that provides financial services and advice to other small businesses.
- 2008 – Joseph Melookaran, CPA, founder of JMA Chartered in Overland Park, Kansas, a professional services firm specializing in public assurance, IT, network design and security.
- 2007 – Scott Hauge, president of Cal Insurance & Associates and executive director of Small Business California, a grassroots organization with significant influence in California;
- 2006 – Robert Schmidt, founder of Cleveland Medical Devices Inc. and Orbital Research Inc., an active voice in state and national politics on taxation and commercialization; and
- 2005 – Valerie W. Perlowitz, founder and CEO of Reliable Integration Services, Inc., a leader in technology issues serving on President George W. Bush’s IT Advisory Council
CLICK HERE FOR DEATILS ON THE 2013 WASHINGTON PRESENTATION